Monday, March 10, 2014

TOYOTA LATEST CVT TRANSMISSION TECHNOLOGY

TOYOTA CVT TRANSMISSION TECHNOLOGY


Figure 1. TOYOTA SUPER CVT-I


The current trend for Toyota transmission is CVT transmission.

The Super CVT-I 7 speed automatic transmission of the Corolla Altis 2011 varies in functionality from the conventional 4-speed torque converter based automatic transmission gearbox you find in the conventional corolla automatic.

The ideal CVT system works on infinite gear ratios which vary continuously over wide range and give a low loss transmission performance. The conventional automatic with fluid based torque converter transmission causes some losses, so its not very fuel efficient. However the CVT may also cause some practical problems and slip in due to the nature of the transmission mechanism. To overcome the disadvantages of these two system, Toyota has developed a 7-Speed CVT-I transmission which is not the ideal implementation of the CVT, but it makes use of 7 gears controlled on which the gear shift is intelligently controlled by a control system to keep the engine RPM of the car in the optimum range for superior fuel efficiency and power response of the car.


Figure 2 :The current Toyota Corolla or Toyota Altis in Malaysia is using Toyota Super CVT-i in all its variant.




2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the great post! I love your articles! I'm a car fanatic and coffee lover. I am used to using coffee capsule, I make my own coffee capsules with a k cup & nespresso coffee capsule filling sealing machine. But I am finding new ways to enjoy coffee recently

    ReplyDelete